Kim Baker, from Hennepin, Illinois, submitted two different cards to my recent TEAM Challenge using the Blended Seasons Bundle. Both the cards were Offset Impossible Cards.
Kim did a wonderful job with a tutorial on how to make these cards, so I thought I would share it with you. You know I am all about Creative Folds, but I have yet to try this card. So I thought I would just share what Kim shared with me. Plan to try in the future, but you know there is just never enough hours in the day to stamp.
Thanks Kim for sharing. These are instructions for the Fall card
Offset Impossible Card– by Kim Baker
- Base is 4¼ x 5½ Crumb Cake scored at 2½” on the short side.
- Flip to long side & cut at the ¾” mark from each end down to the score line on the “thickest” side of the score line. Flip to opposite long side (thinnest side of the score line) and cut at 2¾” down to the score line. Flip one side under creating 2 “L” shapes with a standing flap in the middle.
- Snip off ¾” of the top of each “L”. Viola! This gives you a bigger standing flap than a regular Impossible Card! Cool huh???? Otherwise the flap wasn’t big enough to use the Color Your Season framelits.
- I die cut the flap with a 2 3/8 x 5 5/8 piece of Nature’s Poem DSP over the top of it.
- I cut the copper trim long-ways and stretched it across the die cut opening using tear n tape. Then placed a 2 3/8 x 5 5/8 piece of Crumb Cake to the back.
- I added ¾ x 5½ Cajun Craze with ½ x 5 Nature’s Poem DSP across the edges to stabilize the card.
- I heat embossed the sentiment from the CYS stamp set with copper embossing powder then cut it out with a stitched oval framelit.
- I cut one leaf by laying the die on the top of the copper foil and a second leaf by laying the die on the underneath so I’d have 2 different leaves.
- Using the negative from the die cut, I traced the outline of the leaf onto Old Olive and Crushed Curry cardstock—making sure to flip the negative image once when I did it so my fussy-cut leaves would match the copper die-cut leaves.
- I stamped the wheat in Soft Suede on the card base mirroring one of them then added Wink of Stella to the seed part.
- I stamped the group of leaves onto Crumb Cake twice, fussy cut them then sponged them using Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze & Merry Merlot then randomly placed them on the card.
Leave a Reply